Saturday, March 03, 2012

Marriage

As title of my blog page goes, this blog is my heart's voice about 'The institution of marriage". I felt to express it here after I experienced it personally. Marriage is simply an awesome plan of God for his children and how blessed it is to be in the center of God's plan. However the  many times I have heard long sermons and advice on this topic, it is a revelation when it happened to me.

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife and they shall be one flesh." (Gen 2: 24). There is no other relation as this one, where two become ONE FLESH. Of-course all the other relations too are beautiful but in all that no one can ever become one. 

This Friday we had a birthday celebration for one of the management staff's in my office who's better half also works in the same place. That celebration had reminded me how wonderful is the institution of marriage where both are ONE FLESH. 

The same morning I had a very small tiff with my husband over something that had happened in the earlier days of our married life. I could never come out of that. But later in office the a part of the birthday toast of the B'day girl, had conveyed a lot to me...it conveyed that I should love my husband just as Christ loved us with an unconditional way not expecting back and not looking at the drawbacks. How many times I have overlooked his unconditional love for me. It's him after God in my life and am sure it's the same for him too. 


As soon as the celebration was over and we returned back to our desks, I looked to God and said a small prayer to help me love my husband just as He loves us and immediately grabbed my cell phone and texted my husband 'I LOVE YOU '. My joy knew no bounds when he replied 'VERY MUCH SWEETHEART'. Truly I thank God for his awesome plan for us, his creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment